Sunday, November 11, 2012

Turning 4.

Yesterday we had a big celebration for our soon to be 4 year old girl (tomorrow!).  She has been counting down for this day since the day after she turned 3.  She also knew exactly what she wanted for her celebration.. a ballerina party, all girls, only a few boys (Daddy, Poppa, Uncle Taka and Teacher Danny).. a ballerina cake..

So we made it happen! We sent out a sweet ballerina invitation to her very close girlfriends (who all showed up!)... And yesterday, we had a tutu making, bounce house jumping, ballerina dancing, cake eating, present opening DAY! I think she was a very happy girl... especially because her favorite "teacher" in all the world.. Miss. Courtney came to teach ballet to her and her friends. It was so very
sweet.

I only have the "aftermath" photos since I didn't have a camera on me during the party.  I'm hoping my photographer brother took some priceless shots. ;)

Here is a photo taken by Nana.

The only photo I took during the party...before everyone arrived!

"After the party" shots.. ;)

Pink and yellow decor.

The "dance studio".  Fortunately, we are in the middle of organizing/ renovating the study/homeschool room so it was easy to clear out this space for the dance lesson. :)

We covered our school shelf with a vintage sheet..


The birthday girl has a lot of thank-you cards to write. ;)

Everyone passed out in the living room (minus littlest sister who was napping in her bedroom) after our guests left... Right after I took this photo, I took a one hour nap. 

This was her the day before her birthday... I was sitting by her when she fell asleep..just cherishing her last day of being 3..


This is her...the morning of her 4th birthday!




Today, I got to spend almost the entire day with this precious girl.. we even bought matching $5 sunglasses!!! And tomorrow, she will officially be 4!! I'm happy for her just because she has been waiting an entire year for this day to come...but I'm hoping that her sweet high pitched voice, her lisps and other quirky things will linger a little longer.. ;)

 





No comments:

Post a Comment